To better understand the spread and evolution of the Covid-19, it is essential to identify viral variants. CeGaT now offers SARS-CoV-2 genome sequencing and classification of the virus. Next-generation sequencing provides valuable information on changes in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, helping to understand which viral variants have a higher potential to infect humans. Variants that can be detected include B.1.1.7, B.1.351, and P.1.
Although the coronavirus has a lower mutation rate than most RNA viruses, mutations accumulate and result in genomic diversity both between and within infected patients. Since the first entry into the human host, SARS-CoV-2 has acquired several polymorphic nucleotide positions in the genome. Some of these new viral variants are even more infectious than the virus first detected in Wuhan, China.
Potential applications of CeGaT’s SARS-CoV-2 sequencing:
- Detection and tracing of novel genetic variants
- Assessment of the impact of mutations on the performance of diagnostic methods, antiviral drugs, or vaccines
- Exploration of transmissibility and infectivity of virus variants
- Investigation of virus transmission dynamics
You will receive:
- Ready-to-use SARS-CoV-2 sequencing data and a project report
- A report including mapping data, statistics, and variants
- Consensus sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 genome sequence
- Classification of SARS-CoV-2 genome sequence according to official Pango lineages
As described, you will receive raw sequencing data or use our bioinformatics data analysis service to classify the SARS-CoV-2 genome sequence data. Bioinformatics is conducted by using CoVpipe, a pipeline recommended and maintained by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for the reference-based reconstruction of NGS-based SARS-CoV-2 genomic data.
With SARS-CoV-2 genome sequencing, we aim to contribute to the fight against the pandemic. We offer the highest quality standards for sample analysis. It is crucial for us always to use the most advanced technology and constantly evolve to continuously provide you with the most innovative and best sequencing technology.